Bi-Lingual News Reporter
WINK News-Southwest Florida’s news leader has an immediate opening for a bi-lingual news reporter. We are looking for someone who can research, news gather, shoot, write and edit for a quality news presentation on Univision in SWFL. Must have solid writing skills, sound news judgement, strong organizational abilities and capable of working with others in a fast-paced newsroom. Reporting experience in a television newsroom is preferred.
- Receive assignments or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories. Edit video on non-linear editing systems.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscasts.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of two years of experience preferred
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to carry and set up ENG equipment often weighing 50lbs.
- Must be able to drive news vehicle to news story location, and to edit footage in confined areas/space.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Full-time new hires: Eligible to participate in all Company benefit plans, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, and HSA
- 1st of the month after 30 days employment
- Subject to plan terms
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance & EAP and employee-paid benefits such as short- and long-term disability
- PTO – Earned on Accrual Basis
- Company-Paid Holidays
Southwest Florida is often praised as being one of the healthiest and happiest places in the world with miles of white-sand beaches and a dynamic community. Broadcast Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are a drug-free and smoke-free environment.